The following links will hopefully give the participants a resource to obtain information about GPS, sources to companies related to GPS, projects that are using GPS, and educational sites that have a wealth of information.
Why GPS in Education?
- To create meaningful learning activities for K-12 students.
- To integrate GPS into mathematics, science, language arts and social studies.
- To provide Problem Based Learning and Authentic Assessment.
- To help students develop vital language arts and communication skills that they will need to complete hands-on, inquiry-based, collaborative projects involving higher order thinking skills.
- To have students learn GPS and mapping skills so they will gain a set of highly desirable skills for future employment in business, industry and government.
- To have students develop important analytical skills that will help them become productive, successful citizens who know how to ask questions, solve problems, communicate effectively and improve themselves about the local and global issues that affect their lives.
Return to Main Page